The child care industry is a booming one, and it is no surprise that child care marketing has also become an essential part of business. One of the most important aspects of child care marketing in this day and age is having a blog that includes content that is interesting to prospective parents. In this blog post, we will discuss a variety of ideas to help you get your blog up and running, and eventually reach your target right audience!
1. Some child care centers have staff writers who create content, while others outsource their written content. The best way to go about this is to identify your own strengths and weaknesses as a business. If you are skilled at creating engaging posts, but are bogged down by administrative tasks, consider hiring someone to take on these responsibilities so you can focus on being creative!
2. Highlight your center’s many unique features in order to attract prospective parents who are exploring child care options. These may include things like offering free registration or a unique program or activity offered at your center. If you want to take it one step further and really showcase your daycare center’s value, we suggest getting testimonials from satisfied parents to include in your content!
3. When creating content, try to make it as engaging as possible. Of course, this may seem easier said than done. One good way to go about this is to create visually appealing content, such as infographics. The great thing about infographics is that once you have them, you’ll be able to repurpose this content elsewhere in your marketing strategy. Infographics are particularly great if you use social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Not a graphic designer? Don’t stress! There are plenty of free and user-friendly design tools available on the web, such as Canva.
4. For blog post ideas, there are so many for which to choose. Put yourself in your audience’s shoes. As a parent, what type of content might be useful to you when browsing a daycare’s website? Aside from being able to boost your daycare’s web presence, a blog with useful content will ultimately begin to establish a line of trust between you and prospective parents.
5. Consider sharing blogs about your daycare’s daily routine to give parents insight about the types of activities their children are doing all day while they’re in your care. For example, you might discuss topics like:
- When is the best time to put children down for naps?
- What are some great nutritious meal options that you offer?
- What are some engaging activities you provide that enrich early child development?
These are all great blog post ideas that will drive new traffic to your website.
6. You can also post blogs about current trends in child care trends. This type of information is great for both new and experienced parents. For example, drop-in daycare is rising in popularity nowadays. If this is a service that your daycare offers, be sure to mention that when discussing your particular center. Another rising trend is increased security in the child care industry. Many daycares are installing video equipment that parents can access in order to keep an eye on their little ones. Consider writing a blog post that emphasizes the importance of security at your center.
7. Lastly, the best kind of content is any content that is interactive. There are a variety of ways to incorporate this into your posts, and create a truly engaging blog for your child care center. You might do this by allowing parents to ask you questions online. While some people believe the sole purpose of blogging is to educate prospective clients about their child care options, blogs are also meant to provide parents with opportunities to get answers to their questions or concerns. You might try posting a “Q&A” type of blog. Or perhaps you can host a small event at your center for a “fireside chat” with parents, and transcribe the questions and answers in a blog post!
The best way to go about blogging is to think outside the box and be creative with content ideas! Consider all of the wonderful things your daycare center offers that others might not, or share some insight about why you love working in the child care industry. Blogs are a great avenue for sharing personal stories and insights. Engagement will follow as long as you’re authentic! And don’t forget – when you produce engaging blog posts like these on a regular basis, it will not only benefit your business, but also prospective parents who are hoping to get an inside look at their soon-to-be daycare facility!
Do you need help generating a stellar blog for your daycare center? Schedule a call with one of our dedicated marketing specialists today!